If you are considering implementing data loggers in your business, it is essential to identify your business needs for digitalization to ensure you are choosing the right technology and solution.
We suggest considering the following before getting started.
- Make clear which tasks you want to solve, what kind of data you want to log, and what it should be used for.
- Describe the purpose and the processes for your tracking operation, and clarify how data loggers can be a success for your business.
- Allocate resources and educate your employees, so they are able to read data and react to alarms.
- Understand the technical part of your data logging solution and consider integrating it into the company’s existing IT-systems.
Mounting and installing data loggers
The installation of data loggers depends to a large degree on the type of IoT data logger you are installing. Therefore, we will always recommend users to follow the guidelines from the manufacturer.
Battery-powered data loggers, however, can be mounted almost anywhere with strong magnets, adhesive tape, or with screws or specialized bolts.
Manufacturers will often have customized magnet kits sold separately which will make it easier for users to move the data logger from asset to asset if necessary.
Here are a few tips to take into consideration:
- Always seek to ensure and optimize the cellular connection when installing your IoT data logger. Never install data loggers enclosed in metal or similar. As a rule of thumb: if your cell phone does not have a data connection, your data logger will struggle too. (Note: If you need to monitor in enclosed environments like containers, you can choose specialized IoT data loggers with external antennas).
- If GPS location is important to you, make sure the data logger is installed with a clear view to the sky for best performance.
- Place the data logger in an elevated position to limit detection or vandalism.
- For theft prevention, install the data logger in an inconspicuous place. Thieves know where to look for wired data loggers, so put it elsewhere.
Trusted A/S has an app for a quick and easy installation using QR code technology, search your app store for Trusted Mobility App.
Prepare for your new investment into IoT data logging in order for it to be most effective.
Educate both yourself and your colleagues on how it works most effectively for you.
Also, install the hardware correctly to enjoy the flow of data year after year.